FoliMAX Amino+ is a unique combination of amino acids derived from enzymatically digested plant protein, Vitamin B1 for improved root growth and disease resistance, and plant growth promoters for optimising plant response in times of stress.
The FoliMAX Amino+ Guaranteed Minimum Analysis:
- Total Organic Nitrogen: 2.89%
- Total Amino Acids: 20%
- Total Free Amino Acids: 10.75%
- Vitamin B1: 1.125g/L
- Plant Growth Promoters: 0.075g/L
The FoliMAX Amino+ product characteristics:
- pH: 5.6-7.0
- Specific Gravity: 1.13
- Appearance: A brown coloured, free flowing liquid.
- Solubility: Fully miscible
Benefits of FoliMAX Amino+:
- Strengthens your fertility program, maximises root development and uptake and utilisation of applied nutrients.
- Ideal for use during or prior to stress periods.
- Excellent for use following disease activity, to kick-start metabolism and protect against further infection.
- Increases soil microbial life, and improve organic matter breakdown and soil structure.
- Ideal for tank mix application with liquid or soluble trace elements for improved uptake.
- Excellent tank mix flexibility.
- Can be used in conjunction with a wide variety of plant nutrition, wetting agent and plant protection products.
Even though plants have the inherent capacity to biosynthesize all of the amino acids that they require from nitrogen, carbon, oxygen and hydrogen, the biochemical process is quite complex and energy consuming. As such, the application of amino acids such as those contained in FoliMAX Amino + allow the plant to save energy on this process, which can be dedicated to better plant development during critical growth stages. Amino acids are fundamental ingredients in a protein’s biosynthetic process and nearly twenty amino acids types are involved in biosynthetic processes. Studies have shown that amino acids can directly or indirectly impact in a plant’s physiological activities. Amino acids are applied through foliar feeding, absorbed through the plant’s stomata or via the root system when incorporated into the soil. This also helps improve microbial activity, which in turn, facilitates nutrient assimilation into the plant. The key roles that amino acids play in turf and landscape plants are as follows:
- Key role in protein synthesis.
- Prevention and recuperative affects to abiotic stress.
- Key metabolites in the photosynthetic process.
- Key material that assists in opening the plant’s stomata, enhancing metabolism.
- Amino acids have a chelation effect on micronutrients, improving absorption and translocation within the plant.
- Provides a food source for soil microbial activity.
Plant growth promoters
The plant growth promoters in Amino + provide additional growth support functions for the plant, particularly in times of stress when the plant is unable to generate its own growth response. The plant growth promoters in Amino + provide the following functions:
- Stimulates cell elongation, enhancing plant growth.
- Stimulates root initiation and assists in lateral root development.
- Reduces negative growth effects when plants are exposed to low light intensities.
Vitamin B1 is produced in the foliage of plants and transported down to the root system where it has an effect on root growth and development. Vitamin B1 can assist at any time in a plant’s life with root regeneration where the root system has been damaged or stressed through high salinity, pathogen activity or nutrient deficiencies and toxicities. Use of Vitamin B1 is seen as a ‘back up’ or ‘insurance policy’ as it is difficult to determine if a plant which has come under stress is capable of producing sufficient Vitamin B1 to send down to the root system to assist in cell development.
Application Rate: 100-200 mL per 100m²
What are the benefits of the FoliMAX range?
- Turf specific fertiliser, researched and developed purely for turf purposes.
- Contains SRN-IQ technology for improved plant utilisation and prolonged plant growth.
- Utilises Nutrex Delivery Technology designed to enhance foliar uptake.
- Excellent tank mix versatility. Highly compatible with many other fertilisers and chemicals.
- Very low risk of phytotoxicity due to its low salt index, even on immature turf.
- Excellent flexibility in application rates, allowing you to better optimise your nutrition program.
- Non-corrosive formulation. Will not damage spray equipment.
What is SRN-IQ technology and what does it do?
The SRN-IQ Nitrogen technology is a true liquid, clear urea-formaldehyde solution which has an oily, resinous quality. The SRN-IQ Nitrogen technology has a linear molecular structure, which allows it to be more compact than other slow release nitrogen technologies, and therefore provides it with significantly improved foliar uptake capabilities.
- Rapid plant uptake
- Slow release nitrogen
- Enhanced soil activity
What is NutrexTM Delivery Technology and how does it work?
Nutrex™ Delivery Technology is a novel technology designed to enhance foliar uptake of liquid nutrition products and optimise internal mobility of the applied nutrient. This vastly improves the efficiency of applications of fertilizer formulations containing the Nutrex™ Delivery Technology, resulting in minimal nutrient loss and optimum plant response.
- Enhanced uptake and nutrient delivery to the plant’s vascular system.
- Integrated surfactant package for optimised surface spreading, further enhancing foliar uptake.
- Natural humectants within the formulation prolong drying time on the leaf to extend the uptake window.
- Improves internal mobility of applied nutrients, getting the nutrient to where it needs to be faster, and with less expense of energy to the plant.
- Provides a source of energy to the plant as the carbohydrate is metabolised internally.