FoliMAX Charger Turf Fertiliser is specifically formulated to promote rapid lateral turf grass growth as well as enhance colour. The unique blend of macro and minor nutrients and hormone growth promoters maximises the development potential of the turf grass resulting in more rapid establishment, grow in, or recovery from damage or renovation.
FoliMAX Charger also maintains growth and colour of warm season grasses during cooler months.
The FoliMAX Charger Guaranteed Minimum Analysis:
- Nitrogen (N) as Urea: 4.6%
- Nitrogen (N) as Nitrate: 2.6%
- Total Nitrogen (N): 7.2%
- Total Potassium (as Nitrate): 7.2%
- Total Iron (Fe) as Sulphate: 3.8%
- Total Manganese (Mn) as Sulphate: 2.2%
- Total Zinc (Zn) as Nitrate: 0.22%
- Total Sulphur (S): 3.6%
The FoliMAX Charger product characteristics:
- pH: <7
- Specific Gravity: 1.0
- Appearance: Translucent pale green liquid
- Solubility: Completely soluble
Benefits of FoliMAX Charger Turf Fertiliser include:
- Rapid recovery from incidences of plant stress, grow in or renovations.
- Improved colour of turf grass in cooler periods of the year.
Dual nitrogen source for fast and efficient uptake by the plant.
- High analysis iron and manganese in plant available form for rapid uptake.
- Rapid green up response for improved turf colour and appearance.
- Excellent tank mix flexibility
- Flexibility in rates to accommodate differing nutritional and plant heath response requirements.
- Long shelf life, stable and very soluble due to the unique formulation.
Turf Growth Promoter
Nitrogen and potassium often interact and adequate levels of each are important for optimum plant health, especially when conditions that favour low K are present – such as leaching, low CEC sands, acid soils and soils where high sodium is present. Some of these factors on their own, when combined, or when other external stresses are imparted on the plant such as disease or renovations, can weaken it by depleting carbohydrates, reducing the root system or making tissues more succulent.
Turfgrasses require potassium in relatively large amounts, second only to nitrogen. Potassium is referred to as the turf ‘toughener’ and its main purpose is to improve stress tolerance within the plant. It is an ideal element to be used in conjunction with nitrogen, as while N produces cell growth, potassium strengthens the walls of the cell, hardening it to stresses such as disease and pest infestation.
As K reduces in the plant, the most common concern is adverse water relationships and drought stress as stomatal control becomes less efficient and transpiration increases as the stomata stay open. This results in higher water use, rapid onset of drought stress and wilt, greater high temperature stress and loss of cell tugor pressure. Stress on the plant imparted by traffic and wear is then increased. Recovery is slowed by reduced protein synthesis, low enzyme activity and reduced photosynthesis. FoliMAX Charger with its 1:1 ratio of N:K, along with other proprietary ingredients, has been formulated to assist turfgrass in periods of stress, and help regain and maintain health and vigour when needed the most.
Iron and Manganese Deficiency Symptoms
Iron and Manganese Deficiency SymptomsIron deficiency is characterised by an interveinal chlorosis ofturfgrass leaves and an eventual thinning of the turf. The yellowing(chlorosis) seen on leaves with iron deficiency is due to low levelsof chlorophyll. Leaf yellowing first appears on the younger upperleaves. Severe iron deficiencies cause leaves to turn completelyyellow or almost white, and then brown as leaves die.
Interveinal chlorosis is also the main characteristic of manganesedeficiencies. In very severe manganese cases, brown necrotic spotscan appear on leaves. Manganese deficiencies mainly occur onorganic soils, high pH soils, sandy soils low in organic matter andon over-limed soils. Soil manganese may be less available in drywell aerated soils, but can become more available under wet soilconditions when manganese is reduced to the plant available form.
The Nitrogen Components in FoliMAX Charger
FoliMAX Charger contains 7% nitrogen in both urea and nitrateforms. In conjunction with water, the enzyme urease converts ureainto ammonia and then onto ammonium (NH4+) where it can beheld on exchange sites for plant uptake. The hydrated ammoniumion however is quite small, so can be absorbed through the cuticlefor rapid leaf assimilation and growth. The nitrate form is deliveredby both zinc nitrate and potassium nitrate, one of the mostavailable forms of N for turfgrass growth. Being a soluble form,the nitrates in FoliMAX Charger rapidly assimilate both zinc andpotassium correcting any deficiencies and providing strong plantgrowth.
Application Rate: 200-500 mL per 100m²
What are the benefits of the FoliMAX range?
- Turf specific fertiliser, researched and developed purely for turf purposes.
- Contains SRN-IQ technology for improved plant utilisation and prolonged plant growth.
- Utilises Nutrex Delivery Technology designed to enhance foliar uptake.
- Excellent tank mix versatility. Highly compatible with many other fertilisers and chemicals.
- Very low risk of phytotoxicity due to its low salt index, even on immature turf.
- Excellent flexibility in application rates, allowing you to better optimise your nutrition program.
- Non-corrosive formulation. Will not damage spray equipment.
What is SRN-IQ technology and what does it do?
The SRN-IQ Nitrogen technology is a true liquid, clear urea-formaldehyde solution which has an oily, resinous quality. The SRN-IQ Nitrogen technology has a linear molecular structure, which allows it to be more compact than other slow release nitrogen technologies, and therefore provides it with significantly improved foliar uptake capabilities.
- Rapid plant uptake
- Slow release nitrogen
- Enhanced soil activity
What is NutrexTM Delivery Technology and how does it work?
Nutrex™ Delivery Technology is a novel technology designed to enhance foliar uptake of liquid nutrition products and optimise internal mobility of the applied nutrient. This vastly improves the efficiency of applications of fertilizer formulations containing the Nutrex™ Delivery Technology, resulting in minimal nutrient loss and optimum plant response.
- Enhanced uptake and nutrient delivery to the plant’s vascular system.
- Integrated surfactant package for optimised surface spreading, further enhancing foliar uptake.
- Natural humectants within the formulation prolong drying time on the leaf to extend the uptake window.
- Improves internal mobility of applied nutrients, getting the nutrient to where it needs to be faster, and with less expense of energy to the plant.
- Provides a source of energy to the plant as the carbohydrate is metabolised internally.