FoliMAX Soil Prima is a liquid soil conditioner that improves soil aggregation, soil structure and nutrient utilisation in the root zone. FoliMAX Soil Prima contains modified patented humates, which acts as a complexing agent for mobilising soil nutrients in forms which are readily available for plants. Turf grasses have an abundance of organic material resulting in complex interactions between plant roots and soil microbes.
FoliMAX Soil Prima provides the energy source to accelerate microbes oxidising the available organic carbon present in the soil and utilise it as their energy source. The recycling of thatch and mat creates a more friable layer that enables water to pass through more freely, and aids in flushing sulfur build ups. i.e. Black Layer.
FoliMAX Soil Prima will improve CEC levels in the soil. As soil microbes breakdown the thatch, and Humic acid activity increases in the soil the availability of nutrients increases in all soil types.
FoliMAX SOIL PRIMA Guaranteed Minimum Analysis:
- Organic Acids (Humic Acid, Fulvic Acid): 11.3%
- Humic Acid: 5.7%
- Fulvic Acid: 2.3%
- Carbon: 4%
- Potassium (K): 1.7%
- Sulfur (S): 0.9%
FoliMAX SOIL PRIMA Product Characteristics:
- Appearance: Brown, viscous product with slight ammonia smell
- Solubility: 100%
Key Benefits of FoliMAX SOIL PRIMA
- Increases CEC levels in all soil types.
- Aids in accelerating nutrient availability, uptake and retention
- Aids in flushing sulphur accumulation, the root cause of ‘black layer’
- Increases root depth and density of root mass throughout the soil profile
- Enhances plant health and induces disease resistance
- Highly soluble and compatible with other liquid applications
- Proven performance in turf management
Fulvic and Humic Acid
Humic Acids improve soil function in a number of ways. Humic Acid is characterised by a large molecule containing a highly active charge. This charge bonds nutrient ions, preventing leaching of soil nutrients. Humic acids also increase the nutrient retention and water holding capacity of the soil re: CEC (Cation-exchange Capacity). The application of Humic acid to soil gives the soil greater capacity to maintain a nutrient rich environment in the root zone for turf grasses.
Fulvic Acids are the smallest molecular form of Humic Acid molecules. Fulvic Acid has been shown to be a powerful complexing agent, binding to minerals and assisting with making them more available for plant absorption. It has also been shown to increase levels of the plant hormone auxin and contribute to over plant performance and effective root growth.
The true strength of Soil Prima is that it contains both Fulvic Acid and Humic Acid, hitting the mark on both fronts.
Soil Prima contains modified sulphonated humates, which act as a complexing agent for mobilizing soil nutrients in forms which are readily available to plants. Soil Prima is also a source of metabolisable energy for the soil microbes present in the root zone. In addition the product supplies added functional carbon, sulphur and potassium to the plant.
Root zone activity and the rapid recycling of organic material such as thatch and mat, is the key to increasing CEC levels. Turf grass surfaces have an abundance of organic material build-up, resulting in complex interactions between plant roots and soil microbes. Soil Prima provides the energy source to accelerate the microbes oxidizing the available organic carbon present in the soil and allowing them to utilise it as their energy source. In turn, microbes transfer previously unavailable nutrients back to the living plant.
The recycling of organic matter creates a more friable layer which in turn allows water to pass through more easily and aids in flushing sulphur accumulation, the root cause of ‘black layer’.
With an emphasis on root development and structure, the ability of Soil Prima to stabilise a surface has been obvious. Not only is it important to promote root depth, it is also equally important to create fibrous roots and the branching root volume and density which build performance in the soil/sand.
Application Rate: 100-400mL per 100m²
What are the benefits of the FoliMAX range?
- Turf specific fertiliser, researched and developed purely for turf purposes.
- Contains SRN-IQ technology for improved plant utilisation and prolonged plant growth.
- Utilises Nutrex Delivery Technology designed to enhance foliar uptake.
- Excellent tank mix versatility. Highly compatible with many other fertilisers and chemicals.
- Very low risk of phytotoxicity due to its low salt index, even on immature turf.
- Excellent flexibility in application rates, allowing you to better optimise your nutrition program.
- Non-corrosive formulation. Will not damage spray equipment.
What is SRN-IQ technology and what does it do?
The SRN-IQ Nitrogen technology is a true liquid, clear urea-formaldehyde solution which has an oily, resinous quality. The SRN-IQ Nitrogen technology has a linear molecular structure, which allows it to be more compact than other slow release nitrogen technologies, and therefore provides it with significantly improved foliar uptake capabilities.
- Rapid plant uptake
- Slow release nitrogen
- Enhanced soil activity
What is NutrexTM Delivery Technology and how does it work?
Nutrex™ Delivery Technology is a novel technology designed to enhance foliar uptake of liquid nutrition products and optimise internal mobility of the applied nutrient. This vastly improves the efficiency of applications of fertilizer formulations containing the Nutrex™ Delivery Technology, resulting in minimal nutrient loss and optimum plant response.
- Enhanced uptake and nutrient delivery to the plant’s vascular system.
- Integrated surfactant package for optimised surface spreading, further enhancing foliar uptake.
- Natural humectants within the formulation prolong drying time on the leaf to extend the uptake window.
- Improves internal mobility of applied nutrients, getting the nutrient to where it needs to be faster, and with less expense of energy to the plant.
- Provides a source of energy to the plant as the carbohydrate is metabolised internally.