FoliMAX MLR-8 is a liquid soil conditioner with the perfect blend of soluble Calcium for soil amelioration and plant uptake. FoliMax MLR-8 liquid soil conditioner is designed to improve soil performance including water movement, root development and aggregate stability.
FoliMAX MLR-8 is designed to improve the functional capacity of the soil. Soil performance is often overlooked when managing a turf program, yet soil capacity influences many of the essential soil functions that facilitate healthy turf growth. Improved soil stability allows for greater water infiltration (improved water efficiency) and hydraulic conductivity, nutrient movement (improved nutrient use efficiency) and microbial activity throughout soil profile.
FoliMAX MLR-8 Guaranteed Minimum Analysis:
- Calcium (Ca): 6%
- Carbon (C): 10%
- Potassium (K):1.5%
- Magnesium (Mg): 0.25%
- Sulfur (S): 0.25%
- Iron (Fe): 0.19%
- Manganese (Mn): 0.019%
- Boron (B): 0.012%
- Fulvic Acid: 0.4%
FoliMAX MLR-8 Product Characteristics:
- pH: 12 - 12.5
- Specific Gravity: 1.26
- Appearance: Brown, viscous product with slight ammonia smell
- Solubility: 100%
Key Benefits of FoliMAX MLR-8
- Soluble Calcium source, readily available in the soil and plant upon application.
- Improved water movement through soil profile due to increased soil porosity.
- Reduces Sodium levels in the soil to improve soil structure and to reduce soil sealing.
- Ease of application, readily mixes with Soil Prima.
- Enhances liquid nutrient uptake.
- Compliments Gypsum and Lime applications as it is readily available to the turf system and is suitable for all soil types and turf surfaces.
FoliMAX MLR-8 contains 6% Soluble Calcium, Carbon, organic acids and nutrients proving both soil and plant benefits
Besides being very important for plant health and growth as a nutrient, Calcium is also important in the correction of soils high in Sodium (Na) (and in soils using high potassium recycled water). Many types and formulations of Calcium are available to turf grass managers. Most Calcium sources are highly insoluble in water making it difficult to get the Calcium into the soil profile where it is needed, or are relatively high in solubility and as a result have a high salt index. For this reason, complexed Calcium such as MLR-8 will be more effective than non-complexed calcium in treating your soil root-zone for both flushing of Sodium and uptake of Calcium into the growing turf plant.
How does the application of MLR-8 reduce Sodicity?
The key reason why MLR-8 is so effective in reducing Sodium is a direct result of its high level of soluble Calcium. The chart below shows the amount of soluble Calcium contained within traditional soil ameliorants and laboratory testing clearly demonstrates that MLR-8 has more than 5 times the water solubility of Calcium per litre when compared to Gypsum and Lime.
MLR-8 Increases the total number of pores (porosity) in the soil which has major benefits to turf performance some of which include:
- Improves water infiltration and movement through the profile.
- Reduces sodium accumulation in the root zone allowing for better turf performance.
- Increases capacity for roots to develop into soil profile.
- Increase surface area for nutrient retention, nutrient exchange and nutrient uptake.
- Improves the capacity to leach salts through the profile and away from the turf root zone
Application Rate: 200-400 mL per 100m²
What are the benefits of the FoliMAX range?
- Turf specific fertiliser, researched and developed purely for turf purposes.
- Contains SRN-IQ technology for improved plant utilisation and prolonged plant growth.
- Utilises Nutrex Delivery Technology designed to enhance foliar uptake.
- Excellent tank mix versatility. Highly compatible with many other fertilisers and chemicals.
- Very low risk of phytotoxicity due to its low salt index, even on immature turf.
- Excellent flexibility in application rates, allowing you to better optimise your nutrition program.
- Non-corrosive formulation. Will not damage spray equipment.
What is SRN-IQ technology and what does it do?
The SRN-IQ Nitrogen technology is a true liquid, clear urea-formaldehyde solution which has an oily, resinous quality. The SRN-IQ Nitrogen technology has a linear molecular structure, which allows it to be more compact than other slow release nitrogen technologies, and therefore provides it with significantly improved foliar uptake capabilities.
- Rapid plant uptake
- Slow release nitrogen
- Enhanced soil activity
What is NutrexTM Delivery Technology and how does it work?
Nutrex™ Delivery Technology is a novel technology designed to enhance foliar uptake of liquid nutrition products and optimise internal mobility of the applied nutrient. This vastly improves the efficiency of applications of fertilizer formulations containing the Nutrex™ Delivery Technology, resulting in minimal nutrient loss and optimum plant response.
- Enhanced uptake and nutrient delivery to the plant’s vascular system.
- Integrated surfactant package for optimised surface spreading, further enhancing foliar uptake.
- Natural humectants within the formulation prolong drying time on the leaf to extend the uptake window.
- Improves internal mobility of applied nutrients, getting the nutrient to where it needs to be faster, and with less expense of energy to the plant.
- Provides a source of energy to the plant as the carbohydrate is metabolised internally.