Striker Platinum is an ultrafine perennial ryegrass blend that sets a new standard in superior performance for sportsfields. Strike Platinum is a mix of two of Barenbrug’s finest - Barolympic and Premier 3, and is characterised by fast germination and produces a very fine, dense turf for close-mowing and high wear situations.
Striker Platinum suits all temperate and sub-tropical regions of Australia. This mix performs best on well-drained, fertile, soils and is suitable for oversowing Bermudagrass providing good seed-to-soil contact. This strong-performing ryegrass mix makes it suitable for long-term turf surfaces and summer cricket events with irrigation.
Key features and benefits of Striker Platinum
- Superb fast germination (faster than Mediterranean) and winter growth
- Extreme density and fineness of leaf to wear tolerance and aesthetics
- Excellent disease and heat tolerance
- Handles both northern and southern climates
- Fast shoot recovery after damage
Striker Platinum seed blend is suitable for:
- Oversowing warm season Bermudagrass or kikuyu fields
- Pure ryegrass fields
- Football/Soccer/Rugby and school fields in Australia and New Zealand
- Golf tees
Striker Platinum seed sowing rates:
- New field: 400-500Kg/Ha
- Oversowing bermudagrass: 250-500Kg/Ha