Turf Saver RTF (Rhizomatous Tall Fescue) is the most advanced, unique turf tall fescue blend on the market and is only available from Heritage Seeds/Nuturf. This unique, patented variety is currently the only tall fescue with rhizomes, making it one of the most advanced tall fescue blends on the market. Beware of imitations.
Turf Saver RTF has the ability to quickly fill in damaged and bare spots in your lawn with new shoots of grass. This results in less over-seeding, fewer weed problems, no wide-leafed clumps of grass like other tall fescues can form, but a year round dense lush turf.
RTF Tall Fescue has also proven to be the best drought tolerant cool season turf grass in reduced watering trials.
Key features of Turf Saver RTF (Rhizomatous Tall Fescue)
- Has highest number of rhizomes
- Has longest rhizomes
- Deep root system
- Dark green colour
Key benefits of Turf Saver RTF (Rhizomatous Tall Fescue)
- Repairs itself: Turf Saver RTF’s rhizomes fill in bare areas in thinning turf stands
- Saves on over-seeding costs of damaged turf
- Promotes deep-rooting plants, with great tolerance to heat and drought conditions
- Saves on water and irrigation costs
- Produces a dense, lush green turf
Management of Turf Saver RTF (Rhizomatous Tall Fescue)
RTF is well suited to all temperate regions of Australia. This variety performs best on well drained, fertile, soils. It is recommended to mow lawn at a height of 50mm or higher.