Barolympic sets a new standard for fine dense turf that demands tolerance to close-mowing and high wear. It is an ultrafine perennial ryegrass that offers superior performance for sports fields.
Barolympic has it all – fast germination, establishment, winter growth and exceptional density. This allows you to get back on your turf faster while handle wear during winter and hiding and fighting poa.
Barolympic is a new standard for sports turf perennial ryegrass, suitable for:
- Oversowing warm season bermudagrass or kikuyu fields
- Pure ryegrass fields
- Football/Soccer/Rugby and school fields in Australia and NZ
- Golf green surrounds
- Golf tees and walk offs are all perfect examples of where this grass seed mix comes into its own.
- Superb fast germination (faster than Mediterranean)
- Proven winter growth and wear tolerance
- Handles both northern and southern climates
- New standard for shoot fineness
- Mid-light green colour
- Fast shoot recovery after damage
Barolympic suits all temperate and subtropical regions of Australia. This variety performs best on well drained, fertile, soils and is suitable for over sowing bermudagrass providing good seed to soil contact. This strong performing ryegrass makes it suitable for long term turf surfaces and summer cricket events, with irrigation.