Barorlando is a new perennial ryegrass designed for sports fields and couch oversowing. This medium-fine leaved perennial ryegrass has excellent live ground cover and shoot recovery after damage.
Barorlando’s speed in establishment and outstanding wear tolerance along with its low endophyte, makes it an exceptional choice for high wear bermudagrass or kikuyu based sportsfields, looking for longer hours of use.
Barorlando has proven high wear tolerance, topping the STRI wear recover trial.
- Superb wear tolerance (no. 1 STRI)
- Outstanding shoot density
- Medium dark-green colour with beautiful leaf texture
- Excellent disease resistance (fusarium, red thread, rust)
- Fast shoot recovery after damage
Barorlando is a sports-type perennial suitable for:
- Oversowing warm season bermudagrass/Kikuyu fields
- Football/soccer and rugby pitches throughout Australia and NZ
- Oversowing turf farm winter dormant warm species
- Golf tees and fairways
Barorlando is well suited to all temperate and sub-tropical states of Australia. This variety performs best on well drained, fertile, soils and is suitable for oversowing Bermudagrass/ Kikuyu providing good seed to soil contact. This strong performing ryegrass makes it suitable for long term turf surfaces and summer cricket events with irrigation.