Spearhead is the industry leading selective herbicide that provides outstanding control of broadleaf weeds in turf.
With no odour and a high level of user and environmental safety, its unique three-way action provides extended weed control in most situations.
Key features of Spearhead Herbicide
- Outstanding broadleaf weed control
- Excellent turf safety (cool and warm season grasses)
- Very low application rates of active ingredient
- Non-ester formulation (no volatilisation issues, reducing potential for off-target damage)
- Product of choice for public spaces
- Additional surfactants not required for most weeds
- No odour
Areas of use
Turf (do not use on bentgrass or winter grass golf or bowling greens.
Application rate and delivery
5 L /ha applied in 200 - 500 L water
How to apply
Apply using a suitably calibrated sprayer ensuring good coverage of target weeds. Care should be taken not to exceed application rates through overlapping sprayed areas.
Best practice guidelines
- Shake container well before use.
- Because Spearhead has some residual weed control, use it earlier in the season with the knowledge that late weed germinations will also be controlled.
- For best results weeds should be actively growing at the time of treatment.
- Varietal differences on certain species of buffalo grasses (eg. ST85) may lead to transient discolouration effects, it is recommended to try a small area first before large scale application occurs.
Please note that the registration of products to the Envu legal entity is currently in progress. In the meantime, Envu products will progressively transfer from Bayer to the Envu brand. You may observe product with packaging that belong to either Envu or Bayer during this transition.
Application Rate: 50mL per 100m²
Active Ingredient: 15g/l diflufenican, 20g/l clopyralid, 300g/l MCPA