Primo 250 EC is used for the reduction of leaf and stem growth of grass species, as an aid in turf and Wintergrass management.
It is the original, trusted and economical turf growth regulator for large areas that optimises the mowing effort and improves turf quality.
Key Benefits of Primo 250 EC Turf Growth Regulator
- Improves overall turf quality and colour
- Enhances the availability of non-structural carbohydrates enhancing health and resilience
- Regular applications will result in a more durable surface
- Effective growth and cost management tool that produces savings through reduced mowing time, clippings and machinery wear
- Versatility for use on turf farms, over seeding preparation, bunker edges and difficult to manage areas
- Improved EC formulation allows for excellent tank mix compatibility with fungicides and foliar fertilisers, often resulting in better performance from both as they are not removed as quickly through mowing
Application Timing and Rate Variation
Primo 250 EC can be continuously and safely used for up to 12 months of the year, as long as active growth occurs. Tracking the growth rate of the turf with the rate of Primo 250 EC applied is essential to manage a consistent regulation effect for the entire application period.
For example, the first application of spring onto a couch fairway should be at the low end of the Primo 250 EC rates suitable for Common Couch (eg 0.4 L/ha starting the second week of September). As the season progresses and the turf growth accelerates, the Primo 250 EC rates can be increased accordingly (eg 0.6-0.75 L/ha during January). For full application details, please consult the product label.
Mixing and Compatibility
Primo 250 EC is an emulsion concentrate (EC) with minimal odour. Primo 250 EC mixes completely with water and may be tank mixed with many commonly used fungicides and liquid fertilisers. Primo 250 EC can be tank mixed with Heritage Maxx, Daconil Weather Stik and Monument Liquid.
Physical compatibility of mixtures is not a guarantee that a tank mix will be safe to turf (e.g. Primo 250 EC is compatible with broadleaf herbicides containing MCPA, 2, 4D or dicamba, but the tank mix can cause transient yellowing after application).
Active Ingredient: 250g/L Trinexapac Ethyl