Primo MAXX is a turf growth regulator that improves turf thickness, uniformity and health, providing a smooth, tightly knit cover that is better to withstand stress. Primo MAXX achieves this by increasing lateral spread and turf density, in addition to slowing the vertical growth of the grass. This enhances the playability of fairways and greens.
Key Benefits of Primo MAXX Turf Growth Regulator
- Improves overall turf quality and colour (greens and fine cutturf included)
- Enhances the availability of non-structural carbohydrates enhancing health and resilience
- Regular applications at lower rates will result in a more durable surface
- Valuable pre-stress conditioning tool for bent greens against hot, stressful summers
- Early season applications can still accommodate spring renovations
- Effective growth and cost management tool that produces savings through reduced mowing time, clippings and machinery wear
- Versatility for use on turf farms, overseeding preparation, bunker edges and difficult to manage areas
- MAXX technology allows for excellent tank mix compatibility with fungicides and foliar fertilisers, often resulting in better performance from both as they are not removed as quickly through mowing
Application Timing and Rate Variation for Primo MAXX Turf Growth Regulator
Primo MAXX can be continuously and safely used for up to 12 months of the year, as long as active growth occurs. Tracking the growth rate of the turf with the rate of Primo MAXX applied is essential to manage a consistent regulation effect for the entire application period.
For example, the first application of spring onto a couch fairway should be at the low end of the Primo MAXX rates suitable for couch (eg 0.6 L/ha starting the second week of September). As the season progresses and the turf growth accelerates, the Primo MAXX rates can be increased accordingly (eg 1.2 – 1.6 L/ha during January). For full application details, please consult the product label.
Mixing and Compatibility of Primo MAXX Turf Growth Regulator
Primo MAXX is a micro emulsion concentrate (ME) with minimal odour as the product does not contain petroleum solvents. Primo MAXX mixes completely with water and may be tank mixed with many commonly used fungicides and liquid fertilisers.
Primo MAXX can be tank mixed with Heritage Maxx, Banner Maxx, Daconil Weather Stik and Monument Liquid.
Physical compatibility of mixtures is not a guarantee that a tank mix will be safe to turf (e.g. Primo MAXX is compatible with broadleaf herbicides containing MCPA, 2, 4D or dicamba, but the tank mix can cause transient yellowing after application).
Active Ingredient: 120g/L Trinexapac Ethyl