Columbus is an excellent translaminar and systemic insecticide. Columbus insecticide has contact, stomach and systemic activity, for the effective control of African Black Beetle, Argentine Scarab and Billbug larvae. Columbus is suitable on broadacre areas such as turf farms, sporting fields, parks, ovals and fairways.
Key benefits of Columbus Insecticide
- Control of African Black Beetle, Argentinian Scarab and Billbug larvae (grubs)
- Save up to 60,000 litres of irrigation water per hectare for soil incorporation of applications during dry seasonal weather
- Suitable for turf situations with irregular irrigation
- Suitable for use on broad-acre areas such as turf farms, sporting fields, parks, ovals and fairways
- Low to no odour
- Low environmental impact including low mammalian toxicity
How to get the most out of your application of Columbus Insecticide
- To be effective Columbus Insecticide must be placed as close to the soil surface as possible. Ensure that equipment is properly calibrated to give an even distribution at the correct volume. Apply in a minimum of 500 L water/ha.
- Total application volume should not be lower than 500 L/ha. For best results use extremely coarse droplets.
- Preferably spray onto wet or dewy grass.
- Columbus is particularly active against the first and second instar larvae of the most destructive turf-infesting grub species. The window for application should thus be around the peak egg laying period by adult beetles. This timing can be monitored by the increasing activity of adult beetles and are usually during spring and early summer.
Active Ingredient: 250g/L Thiamethoxam