FoliMAX Cal-Mag is a liquid sodium turf fertiliser fighter containing 13% calcium and 3.4% magnesium in a very soluble nitrate form for rapid flushing of sodium from the root-zone. With ideal calcium to magnesium ratio, FoliMAX Cal-Mag can also be used in a maintenance program for prevention of calcium and magnesium deficiencies within the turfgrass.
The FoliMAX Cal-Mag guaranteed minimum analysis:
- Nitrogen (N) as Nitrate: 11.2%
- Calcium (Ca) as Nitrate: 13%
- Magnesium (Mg) as Nitrate: 3.4%
- Boron (B) as borate: 0.1%
The FoliMAX Cal-Mag product characteristics:
- pH: 4.0 - 6.0
- Specific Gravity: 1.48
- Appearance: Clear liquid
- Solubility: Very soluble
Key benefits of FoliMAX Cal-Mag
- Highly soluble forms of calcium and magnesium for quick and effective flushing of sodium.
- Chloride and sulphate free formulation.
- Ideal ratio of calcium to magnesium (4:1), for routine maintenance applications.
- Useful formulation for injection into irrigation systems with light water.
- Can be used in fertigation systems.
- Flexible application rates to modify the nitrogen output.
- Free flowing formulation, making it easier to decant into spray equipment and mixing tanks.
- Boron in the formulation aids in maximising calcium uptake within the plant.
- Manufactured in Australia.
Sodium impact on the soil profile
Sodium has a significant impact on soil conditions and turfgrass health. The primary problem posed by high sodium is a rapid decline in soil structure that can begin when sodium base saturation exceeds the critical 3% level. High sodium reduces soil permeability, resulting in drainage and compaction problems that cause a decline in turf vigour.
The principal of Cation Exchange Capacity (CEC) is the exchanging of one cation for another that has a higher preference or charge. As sodium is a single charged cation it can be removed by a divalent cation with a higher molecular weight.
|Nutrient||Molecular weight||Valence (No. of charges)|
The most effective cations for displacing sodium are calcium and magnesium (due to their molecular weight and valence). Sodium is attracted to the negatively charged sites on soil colloids. As these levels rise with persistent input, usually due to high levels in irrigation water, binding of other cations into exchange sites can become restricted. Sodium at high concentrations itself can be toxic to turfgrass and with increased accumulation, can cause a number of deleterious effects to both turfgrass soils and plant vigour. To offset sodium, high concentrations of soluble calcium and magnesium must fl ood the exchange sites which forces the sodium off these exchange sites and is then removed from the root-zone by irrigation or rainfall.
Solubility of calcium and magnesium nitrate in FoliMAX Cal-Mag
The below table highlights the solubility of several soil amendments. The higher the number, the greater the solubility of the product in water. The table clearly shows that calcium nitrate is the most soluble form of calcium, ensuring its ability to quickly enter the soil environment and flush sodium off exchange sites. Likewise of the magnesium sources, magnesium nitrate is the most soluble form, again ensuring maximum ability to flush sodium from the profile.
SOLUBILITY OF SEVERAL SOIL AMENDMENTS
|Solubility – g/100g|
|Calcium Sulphate (Gypsum)||0.223||0.244||0.255||0.264||0.265|
Application Rate: 200-400 m per L per 100m²
What are the benefits of the FoliMAX range?
- Turf specific fertiliser, researched and developed purely for turf purposes.
- Contains SRN-IQ technology for improved plant utilisation and prolonged plant growth.
- Utilises Nutrex Delivery Technology designed to enhance foliar uptake.
- Excellent tank mix versatility. Highly compatible with many other fertilisers and chemicals.
- Very low risk of phytotoxicity due to its low salt index, even on immature turf.
- Excellent flexibility in application rates, allowing you to better optimise your nutrition program.
- Non-corrosive formulation. Will not damage spray equipment.
What is SRN-IQ technology and what does it do?
The SRN-IQ Nitrogen technology is a true liquid, clear urea-formaldehyde solution which has an oily, resinous quality. The SRN-IQ Nitrogen technology has a linear molecular structure, which allows it to be more compact than other slow release nitrogen technologies, and therefore provides it with significantly improved foliar uptake capabilities.
- Rapid plant uptake
- Slow release nitrogen
- Enhanced soil activity
What is NutrexTM Delivery Technology and how does it work?
Nutrex™ Delivery Technology is a novel technology designed to enhance foliar uptake of liquid nutrition products and optimise internal mobility of the applied nutrient. This vastly improves the efficiency of applications of fertilizer formulations containing the Nutrex™ Delivery Technology, resulting in minimal nutrient loss and optimum plant response.
- Enhanced uptake and nutrient delivery to the plant’s vascular system.
- Integrated surfactant package for optimised surface spreading, further enhancing foliar uptake.
- Natural humectants within the formulation prolong drying time on the leaf to extend the uptake window.
- Improves internal mobility of applied nutrients, getting the nutrient to where it needs to be faster, and with less expense of energy to the plant.
- Provides a source of energy to the plant as the carbohydrate is metabolised internally.